Eurotex International Ltd has successfully completed a contract to refurbish Six Paxman 12YJ Ventura crankcases for an overseas sovereign Navy.
The latest crankcase was built over 30 years ago and underwent the most comprehensive inspection and rehabilitation programme to date which included:
- Magnetic & dye penetrant crack detection.
- Measurement inspection using the ROMER Co-ordinate Measuring Arm.
- Replacement of all 12 lower liner ‘E’ Bore sealing rings including pre-machining, spiral welding and final machining.
- Re-machining of all 12 upper liner recesses.
- Full refurbishment of the main bearing bore and caps.
- Full refurbishment of the camshaft aperture including line boring.
- Water test and inspection witnessed and approved by Lloyd’s.
After the rehabilitation protocols, the crankcase has been returned to ‘as new’ condition and will be reintroduced into the fleet for continued operation therefore further extending the ‘life expectancy’ of the ‘legacy’ engine.