A crankcase that was originally manufactured in 1964 was returned to Eurotex for complete rehabilitation to extend its life expectancy by an anticipated 25 years.
The unit, the oldest returned for rehabilitation, was in a very dilapidated condition reflecting its 48th anniversary and required extensive rework including:
- Extensive corrosion requiring restructuring by welding
- Replacement of all oil transfer pipes
- Extensive distortion to the sump rail
- Several areas cracked throughout the crankcase
- Severe fretting to the ‘E’ bores requiring replacement
- Re welding and machining of top deck liner recesses
The entire process of rehabilitation was completed by the Eurotex Team of specialist welders, machinists and engineers and successfully bought back to ‘as new’ condition over a 6 month period and was certified after full dimension inspection and pressure testing that was witnessed and approved by Lloyd’s.
The performance represents another resounding achievement by Eurotex International Ltd in bringing back to service a unit to an improved condition at the fraction of the cost price of a new unit to the complete satisfaction of our customer.
Eurotex International Ltd. is established as the home of Paxman Ventura and Valenta full support and aftercare for all applications worldwide.